Mastering the TikTok Creator Marketplace in 2023
TikTok Creator Marketplace was launched in 2019 to give creators a space to sell their content and interact with brands. In return, it allows businesses to connect with untapped audiences and communities these creators have built.
TikTok provides the greatest opportunity for a brand and their content to go viral. One of the most effective ways to do this is by partnering with the creator community on TikTok Creator Marketplace.
Here is everything you need to know about the TikTok Creator Marketplace – from who is eligible to its coolest features – and why your brand should hop on board.
Who is eligible?
If you’re a TikTok user, then you’re almost ready to join the Creator Marketplace. Before you can start working with a creator on TikTok, you must first ensure that you have a valid Personal or Creator account.
To be considered, you must meet various eligibility requirements:
- Over 18 years old
- An active account
- At least 1000 views
- Follower count of at least 10,000
- 3 posts within the last 30 days
The TikTok Creator Marketplace is only available in 24 countries so if you’re not located in one of these countries, unfortunately you aren’t eligible to participate in the program.
How does it work?
After you’ve joined, you can easily manage your profile through locating “TikTok Creator Marketplace” in your settings. Some of the best practices you can follow to improve your profile’s efficiency include setting a rate for sponsored videos and editing your page.
There are two ways for you to begin working with a creator from the TikTok Creator Marketplace:
- Direct Invites – You may receive a Direct Invite from a brand if they’re interested in working with you. After you open the notification, you’ll be able to review the contract, the campaign details and share your contact details with the brand.
- Open Application Campaigns – There is an Open Application campaign feature that allows you to search for open campaigns that are currently being created by various brands.
How can brands find the best creator for their brand?
Luckily, signing up for the platform as a brand is very easy. All you need to do is fill out the necessary details and provide your email address and phone number. The next step is to find the ideal creator to represent your brand.
Here are some ways to find the best creator for your brand:
- Use the creator filter to find a specific country or region of the creator
- Use the creator filter to find people that have experience with a specific topic or niche
- Pay attention to the number of followers a creator might have and the average views of previous posts
- The audience filter can be used to find a content creator based on the age group you are catering to
- Once you’ve narrowed down your search, analyze the various metrics of the creator to see how they’re performing
- For a brand, you can also check the engagement rate and some sample videos of the individual
What are the key features?
There are many key features the TikTok Creator Marketplace has to offer. Brands can find the perfect individuals by analyzing their TikTok users’ location, focus topics, and reach. You will have access to a profile for each individual that includes their core performance, growth trends, and more data points.
New data points are now available to help brands measure the live response rates of their campaigns. In September 2021, TikTok released an API that enables brands to access the company’s first-party data. This includes video performance, audience insights, and creator stats that can be turned into reports and dashboards to help make informed decisions about who is best to work with.
With the ability to compare the value of different TikTokers, brands can now accurately measure the effectiveness of their campaigns and if it’s successfully reaching individuals part of their target demographic.
TikTok Creator Marketplace’s benefits
Global reach to creative creators
Businesses can reach their target audience by connecting with the world’s best creators. There are over 8 million active creators on this platform who are passionate about their work and can create engaging, high-quality videos.
Building brand awareness globally with ease
TikTok is very popular in countries such as India, Japan, and South Korea, so collaborating with creators in these countries can help you expand your reach. Use the content filter option to find creators in the right location for you.
Easy data access in TikTok Creator Marketplace
The metrics page allows you to see how well creators are performing against other brands. Information like this can be useful when making decisions about the type of content you want to work with.
Due to the increasing popularity of TikTok, businesses have started to realize its value as a marketing tool. As a result, they’ll continue investing in the platform’s marketing efforts.
The TikTok Creator Marketplace is a great resource for brands looking to connect with influential content creators. It allows you to easily find and work with some of the best individuals on the platform, while providing you with valuable data to help inform your decisions. With the help of the Creator Marketplace, brands can now easily measure the effectiveness of their efforts.