Last updated: August 30, 2023
At Viral Nation (“Viral Nation”, “we”, “our” and “us”) we are committed to protecting your privacy, and support a general policy of openness about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
What Personal Information We Collect
(including through your initial registration for an account and the subsequent administration of that account) may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Contact information (such as first and last name, address, zip code, email address, telephone number);
- Social media profile information (such as username, social media handles, and other profile data);
- Demographic information (such as gender and age) and information about individual preferences; and
- Personal information, including the information you may transmit to us or authorize us to obtain in connection with the Services (“Customer Data”).
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WAS COLLECTED, USED BY OR DISCLOSED TO US WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT, PLEASE CONTACT OUR PRIVACY OFFICER.
In addition to the above, any information we collect or that you provide directly to us may be de-identified or anonymized.
From time to time, where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may collect information about you without your knowledge or consent.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We collect personal information to enable us to manage, maintain, and develop our business and operations, including to:
- Provide you with personalized Services and a personalized experience on our Website and interactive communication;
- Provide you with timely and reliable Services;
- Do all the things necessary to administer those Services and the Website;
- Research, develop, manage, protect and improve those Services and the Website;
- Advise you about new products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Develop and maintain our relationship with you and communicate with you;
- to protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- to enable us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
We may access, store and use Customer Data only for the purpose of providing the Services to you, including in connection with customer support matters.
Viral Nation as a Data Controller and Processor
As Data Controllers, Viral Nation is Responsible for implementing appropriate organizational and technical measures and security measures that demonstrate that the data processing activities have been performed in accordance with GDPR regulations.
Viral Nation may request information from you during and/or after the registration process that Viral Nation uses to provide better and more customized services to you. You acknowledge that this information is personal to you and your team on Viral Nation, and by creating an account on Viral Nation, you may allow others, including Viral Nation, to identify you and to allow Viral Nation to use your information in accordance with the Terms.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our affiliates or third parties – including publishers, advertisers or connected sites. As an example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Finally, we do not share any personally identifiable information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Personal Information Disclosure
We may share your personal information with our affiliates, employees, contractors, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you..
Further, your personal information may be disclosed:
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- to protect the rights and property of Viral Nation;
- during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons; or
- with your consent.
We may share your personal information with service providers to provide technical support or to provide specific services, such as hosting of your applications, maintenance services, database management, or payment processing. We will use contractual or other means to
provide a comparable level of protection while the information is being processed by a service provider.
Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Information (as described below), Viral Nation may disclose Personal Information if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Viral Nation; (b) protect or defend the rights or property of Viral Nation or users of the Viral Nation’s service; or (c) protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
Viral Nation may disclose and/or transfer personal information in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Viral Nation or of any of the business or assets or shares of Viral Nation or a division thereof in order for you to continue to receive the same products and services.
Knowledge and Consent
The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is expressed or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations of the individual in the circumstances.
As we have described above, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
We will not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being provided.
Use or Disclosure for Marketing Purposes
If you have not opted out of receiving marketing materials, we may also use (but will not disclose) your personal information to promote and market additional goods, services and special offers from us, our affiliates and/or our business associates, including by means of direct marketing..
You can choose not to allow us to use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing purposes by using the included unsubscribe mechanisms, indicating your preference on the user settings page or by contacting us as outlined below (see “Contacting Us”).
When you visit our website, we place a text file called a “cookie” in the browser directory of your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store on your web browser and later retrieve. The cookie cannot be read by any website other than the one that set up the cookies. Some browsers can be set to reject all cookies. If you choose to modify your browser in this manner, some pages of this website may not function properly.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Viral Nation endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
The security of your personal information is important to us, please advise our Privacy Officer immediately of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody or control.
Links to Third Party Sites
Retention and Storage of Your Personal Information
Viral Nation retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws, and your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
Accessing, Correcting or Updating Your Information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of your personal information and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal information under certain circumstances, for example, if you consider that there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the
right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Your right to access or delete the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices.
In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Social Platforms Authentication and Data
Viral Nation uses authorized data from YouTube, Google News, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and other platforms. Such data is collected and stored to power Viral Nation features. You can request your authorized data be deleted from Viral Nation by contacting email@example.com.
Social Platforms Terms of Service
Social Platforms Privacy Policies:
You can revoke Viral Nation’s access to your data from YouTube, Google, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at any time via each respective platform’s app and security settings via the links below. Note that revoking such authorizations may limit or eliminate certain functionality in Viral Nation’s Services.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally-identifying information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides personally-identifying information through the Website represents to us that he, she, or they are 13 years of age or older. If we learn that personally-identifying information has been collected from a user under 13 years of age on or through the Website or Platform, then we will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a member of the Platform or Website or has otherwise transferred personally-identifying information to the Platform or Website, please contact Company using our contact information below to have that child’s account terminated and information deleted.
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Controller / Data Protection Officer / Privacy Officer: Vikash Rai, email@example.com Our EU Representative
Under Article 27 of the GDPR, we have appointed an EU Representative to act as our data protection agent. Our nominated EU Representative is:
Instant EU GDPR Representative Ltd.
Office 2, 12 A, Lower Main Street
Lucan Co. Dublin
Our UK Representative
Under Article 27 of the UK Data Privacy Act, we have appointed a UK Representative to act as our data protection agent. Our nominated UK Representative is:
GDPR Local Ltd.
Tel: +44 1772 217800
1st Floor Front Suite
27029 North Street, Brighton
If you remain dissatisfied, you can make a complaint about the way we process your personal information to the supervisory authority.