Senior Front End Engineer
Christ Church, Barbados
In 2020, Viral Nation was voted the 4th fastest growing company in Canada. Viral Nation is a global digital marketing agency that specializes in influencer marketing, talent representation, social media marketing and management, and content production. Our influencers develop engaging and authentic content that drives real ROI, and likewise our creative and social teams develop compelling content that makes brands' social break through the noise of our cluttered feeds.
We are a company of digital and social natives that are passionate about delivering results. We are a team of entrepreneurs, ex-global agency leaders and big talent agency recruiters who came together with a shared vision to do things differently. We move at the speed of culture and evolve quickly as needed. We continue to do this successfully for some of the world’s largest brands, including Facebook Oculus, Disney, DC Comics, TikTok and Tencent.
We envision Viral Nation becoming a data and AI tech mammoth in the coming years and we are actively recruiting top talent technology professionals to help us get there and co-create innovative digital products that will go viral.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salaries and 100% paid comprehensive health benefits plan
- Learn from an unrivalled leadership team with many years of agency experience
- Be yourself! Work with an agency that boasts above-average diversity statistics
- Dedicated programs to support your mental health and work-life harmony
- Flexible work schedule and summer hours
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Partake in our calendar of team building and social events
- Work with some of the world’s most engaging brands
- Design component architecture and write code for the VN’s platform and innovative web and mobile products, related components, and integrated applications.
- Provide end-to-end development of software systems from design through development to deployments and maintenance.
- Work closely with the CTO, Product, Engineering, DevOps and Ai/Data Science teams
- Collaborate with the product team, share feedback from project implementations and influence the product roadmap and future microservice/monolithic architectures.
- Ensure designs and code are well documented and suitable for use by customers and influencers and are ready to scale
- Be comfortable in a highly dynamic, agile environment without sacrificing the quality of work products.
- Stay current with emerging Ai, web and mobile technologies and trends.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for SaaS products
- Experience with AWS services EC2, ECS, serverless computing, EBS, RDS, S3, IAM
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and processes; Git, Jenkins, Docker, CircleCI
- Experience with building mobile apps in React Native. iOS and Android native development experience is a plus.
Viral Nation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. Viral Nation welcomes applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.
Information Technology and Engineering
Marketing and Advertising